We're sorry, this vacancy is no longer available.⟵ Back to Open Job Listings
REF #: SVG00028
Our client, a leading vehicle check SaaS provider, requires a data scientist for a short term contract.
Our client is looking for a Data Scientist to analyze large amounts of raw information to find patterns that will assist with strategic product development road-map.
The successful candidate will build data models to extract valuable business insights. The person will be highly analytical with a knack for analysis, math and statistics.
Critical thinking and problem-solving skills are essential for interpreting data. They should also possess a passion for machine-learning and research.
- Identify valuable data sources and automate collection processes
- Undertake analysis of structured and unstructured data
- Analyze large amounts of information to discover trends and patterns
- Build predictive models and machine-learning algorithms
- Combine models through ensemble modeling
- Present information using data visualization techniques
- Propose solutions and strategies to business challenges
- Collaborate with engineering and product development teams
- Proven experience as a Data Scientist or Data Analyst
- Experience in data mining
- Understanding of machine-learning and operations research
- Knowledge of SQL, MySQL. Familiarity with JSON and REST API, Java or C++ is an asset
- Experience using business intelligence tools (e.g. Tableau) and data frameworks (e.g. Hadoop)
- Analytical mind and business acumen
- Strong math skills (e.g. statistics, algebra)
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field; graduate degree in Data Science or other quantitative field is preferred