REF #: SVC00073
Become a part of a fast-growing team and lead the advancement and adoption of the ways of working for multiple teams of talented developers; helping to drive delivery excellence for the organization!
The Delivery Lead is part delivery specialist, and part agile expert/evangelist who works closely with Product Managers and cross-functional teams of Developers, Designers, Editors and experts across SEO, Web Optimization and Analytics.
Together as a team you’ll deliver end to end web and mobile experiences which will reach millions of users across North America and the world. This could vary from building end to end websites from scratch, to delivering site re-brand/re-design initiatives on existing builds or delivering new features/widgets for our client’s customers.
This role will be responsible for leading, supporting, and optimizing cross-functional agile teams to efficient and predictable business value-driven delivery, while guiding teams in their evolution of agile principles and practices.
What You’ll Do
- Work effectively with up to 2 cross-functional teams including a Product Manager, Developers, Designers, Editors and experts across SEO, Web Optimization and Analytics.
- Get the best from everyone, ensuring collaboration through great facilitation and running of Agile events and other meetings as needed.
- Champion and pioneer ways of working, using Agile best practices to promote ownership, creativity and a customer first culture.
- Work with Product Management and other leadership to effectively plan the delivery of value, within Sprints and Seasons, against strategic roadmaps
- Identify, resolve and mitigate delivery challenges, supporting conversations across all departments to deploy changes in the best possible way
- Manage your teams’ delivery and proactively communicate performance through appropriate tools and metrics including sprint reports, burn down charts, cycle times etc.
- Communicate progress of delivery and manage expectations with all key stakeholders
- Working with multiple cross functional teams to ensure they have everything they need to deliver the highest quality work
- Be a change catalyst. Work with teams, fellow Delivery Leads, leadership, and stakeholders to drive and influence change with the purpose of improving the ways of working within your team and the organization
- Share your knowledge with cross chapter leads and other Delivery Lead to encourage continued learning and application of best practice
What You’ll Bring
- You have 2+ years’ experience managing the delivery of complex software projects using Agile principles and practices.
- A proven background delivering initiatives in a fast-paced digital/web environment
- Experienced and knowledgeable of the different stages of Software Development Life Cycle
- Skilled at coaching, mentoring and guiding a team on delivery
- Comfortable working and communicating closely across all levels and departments
- Experienced working in agile and passionate about implementing agile best practices
- Awareness of current technologies and a desire to keep up to speed with the latest trends
- Comfortable using tools such as Jira and Confluence
- Ability to source new tools and practices to help improve the working ability and delivery of the teams
- Understanding of delivery metrics to help make informed decisions for the delivery of your team
- Comfortable to communicate to all stakeholders at all levels on team’s delivery performance and rooms for improvement to improve workflow and processes
What Our Client Can Do For You
- A competitive base salary package
- Individual and company performance based annual discretionary bonus
- Paid time off: 3 weeks’ vacation, public holidays, birthday, office is closed between Christmas Eve and New Years
- Health and dental benefits
- 5% company matched pension contributions
- Self-driven annual training budget so you can continue to grow professionally
- Flexible working hours and work from home options
- Company parties in the summer, winter, and a few fun events in between
- Engaging, fun, and casual company culture
- Dog friendly office
- Free parking