Full Stack Developer
REF #: SVJ00019
Our client is looking for an exceptional Full Stack Developer to join their core delivery team.
With a unique culture and mindset, this company has achieved unprecedented growth, expanding into new markets and industries year on year. They are driven by challenge and their best successes have come from constantly changing landscapes, which is where you come in!
The main responsibilities of the role will be to assist in managing and producing high quality interactive WordPress widgets and tools for both users and also your fellow team members.
You will be tasked with creating industry leading engagement and interactivity in a highly competitive industry. You also will be responsible for helping improve and refactor the current codebase, in an effort to enhance the workflow of the network of sites being worked on.
Additionally, you will work on making cutting-edge and creative tools that will make the rest of the Tech Team’s jobs more streamlined, which means that you will need to be confident in your backend development skills. The role will require you to be fluent and confident on both backend and front-end technologies.
Your team are based in Chihuahua, Mexico. A thriving part of Mexico’s Tech sector which is attracting large cross-border investment.
• Proficient in developing WordPress plugins and themes with widgets
• Strong WordPress troubleshooting and profiling Skills
• A full working knowledge of HTML and CSS styling.
• Exposure and understanding of Webpack and Gulp
• Know what impacts the speed of a website from both the front and backend and take it into consideration with every piece of code you write.
• Have experience with and proficiency in using a version control system (Git).
• Not only be able to write excellent procedural code, but also write object-oriented PHP and be fully versed on classes, objects, interfaces.
• Be familiar or experienced with the Symphony or similar frameworks.
• MySQL experience for queries and command line fixes.
• Understanding of caching technologies and how they work and when they should be used.
• Debugging and code profiling experience.
• Understanding of Restful API’s, and integrating into WordPress sites.
You will also be familiar with these communication tools and content sharing technologies: Jira, Slack, Rocketshare.
You will hold an ability to understand strategic business needs and how to successfully implement requirements. Hold a long term vision to create operational and user excellence. You must have the highest level of communication skills to cultivate relationships with the rest of the team, and have a curious mind with the ability to seek proactive solutions to complex business needs