Network & Security Consultant
REF #: SVJ00014
You will be an integral member of a dynamic team responsible for the high-quality delivery of products and services
Delivering pre-sales and post-sales support to internal and external customers in defining complex technical solutions, including the design, implementation and configuration of complex, broad and diverse mix of enterprise-scale engagements.
You will be the specialist between the business and clients, working closely with the sales team to ensure high level engagement throughout the client life cycle relationship.
You will take responsibility for several lead projects/teams and delegate roles, activities and work to suitable resources. As a senior member of the team you will be involved in the deployment of enterprise solutions. The position requires understanding market development, practice development, and working with leaderships in pursuits, proposals etc.
You will advocate the importance of client delivery as well as internal practice and service delivery models. The ability to mentor team members and communicate effectively with clients, team members and business lines are essential.
- Does not require direct supervision, able to take high level direction and proactively move a project or internal initiative from start to finish with minimal assistance.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to present to large internal and external audiences.
- Understand customer requirements and business challenges.
- Unique blend of technical and customer facing skills.
- Out-of-the-box thinker.
- Effectively communicate solution value.
- Detail oriented.
- Analytical and problem-solving orientation.
- Collaborative team member.
- Self-motivated and able to lead and deliver large scale projects.
- 10+ years technical experience and increasing responsibility (team lead, mentoring, and technical lead) designing networking and security solutions across a range of vendors, with a minimum of 5 years delivering enterprise projects.
- Relevant qualifications or accreditation in one or more technology areas and strong networking and security skills, preferably up to CCIE/CISSP level or with proven enterprise experience.
- Demonstrated expertise in correlating business drivers and needs (financial drivers, impacts, and restrictions) into technical solutions, on proposed solutions.
- Experience leading projects inclusive of skill identification and budget management.
- Experience in performing a wide variety of technical and organisational tasks which leads or directs the work of others.
- Demonstrated communication and relational skills able to form a trusted advisor relationship with a customer, able to listen and guide a technical discussion, able to clearly articulate complex topics.
- Experience working with Software Defined Network Technologies.
- Produce high quality High- and Low-Level Design documentation describing technical systems solutions, providing overall design direction and recommendations for resolution of complex technical issues.
- Ability to design complex technical solutions and provide input into bid, project and technical documents.
- Must be able to articulate and design WAN/LAN solutions.
- Must have deep technical knowledge with Cisco ISR, ASR, Catalyst, Nexus & Cisco Meraki.
- Must have experience designing and deploying Wireless solutions – Cisco WLC, AIR-AP, Meraki & Ubiquiti.
- Must have hands on experience designing and deploying security solutions using Cisco Firewalls, IPS and Security – Cisco ASA/ISE/ACS/Firepower FTD & FMC & Cisco Meraki.
- Able to quality assure deliverables produced by team members to ensure consistency and accuracy of data.
- Load Balancing – F5 Big IP GTM & LTM, Cisco CSS/CSM/ACE.
- Fortinet Fortigate and FortiSwitch.
- Experience carrying out network security audits.
- Proven track record of building deep technical relationships with key stakeholders, senior executives and growing cloud consumption share in large or highly strategic accounts.
- Proven ability to mentor and train junior level architects.
- Proven track record of driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts & ensuring follow through to deliver results.
- Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences.
- Prior work experience in a consulting/architecture position within a software & services company.
- Problem-solving mentality leveraging internal and/or external resources.
- Exceptional verbal, written communication and presentation, especially when explaining complex cloud solutions (and architectures) in simple terms.
- Demonstrate a high level of business acumen.
- Highly organised. Able to prioritise a variety of critical short, medium- and long-term tasks for multiple activities.
- Lead the conversation and direct the execution of the sales team by combining both technical vision and business insight.
- Prioritize and manage activities for an active pipeline of prospect and customer opportunities.
- Involvement in pre-sales and support, and where appropriate, maintaining contact with client organisations.
- Identify potential clients and building and maintaining customer relationships.
- Support the design, development and delivery of complex LAN/WAN and security solutions (part of team or working under own supervision).
- Prepare documentation and present progress reports both internally and externally.
- Help develop the skills and mentor other team members.
- Undertake other ad-hoc duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree as a minimum or demonstrate equivalent experience.
- Must be CCIE R&S certified
- Fortinet NSE 4
- CCNP-SEC or CCIE Sec