Senior Delivery Lead
REF #: SVC00072
You’re looking for a challenge. A place where you can do what you love, with people who are as passionate as you are.
You will get in on the ground floor of a rapidly growing company, helping to build a team of delivery professionals.
You are an Agile delivery expert. Your role will be to take accountability for the overall effort coming out of our squads and tribes. This means getting involved not just in the day to day, but the strategic planning (product, technical, delivery) that will ensure the teams and people within your group are able to do their best work.
You will work closely with teams like Product, SEO, Content, Engineering, Design, Marketing, Commercial, Analytics and more, to ensure that we’re always getting the best from each other.
As the Senior Delivery Lead and working with the Head of Delivery, you will be responsible for all things ‘Delivery’ within your group of teams. This could mean helping to educate individuals and teams and implement Agile delivery best practices, to facilitating team level delivery, to coaching and managing Delivery Leads, to planning out our client’s growth and hiring strategies supporting delivery excellence.
What You’ll Do
- Work Closely with Product, Engineering, and business leaders to help form and deliver against larger business and product strategy.
- With other leaders, champion and pioneer ways of working, utilizing the best of Agile and Lean to promote ownership, creativity and a customer first culture.
- Drive and lead change. Work with the Head of Delivery as well as other leadership team members, teams, and stakeholders to drive and influence change with the purpose of improving the ways of working to deliver more value across teams and the organization.
- Help define and execute plans to grow, scale and build our client’s presence in their squads and tribes, working with others to ensure they have what they need to succeed.
- Create a frictionless working culture in squads and tribes, driving a ‘one team’ culture.
- Contribute to innovation of processes that results in a better, faster and happier way of working across the company.
- Build visibility of progress for key initiatives and surface key risks to the leadership team to enable support, unblocking issues and enabling the progress of these initiatives.
- Work with Product Managers and other leaders to effectively plan the delivery of value within your teams and across teams within sprints and seasons against strategic roadmaps.
- Identify, resolve and mitigate delivery challenges within and across teams in order to deploy changes in the best way possible.
- Oversee your teams’ delivery and proactively communicate performance through appropriate tools and metrics including sprint reports, burndown charts, release burnups, cycle time…etc.
- Use data and delivery metrics and insights to drive key decisions and improve delivery efficiency, throughput, and outcomes.
- Communicate progress of delivery and manage expectations with all key stakeholders
- Train, mentor and coach less experienced Delivery Leads on Agile delivery best practices.
- Share your knowledge with other Delivery team members to encourage continued learning and the application of best practices.
What You’ll Bring
- A proven background delivering initiatives in a fast-paced digital/web environment
- Passionate about implementing agile best practices.
- Experience in the growth and expansion of cross functional Agile teams.
- Skilled at coaching, mentoring and leading a large group both local and remote
- Comfortable working and communicating across all levels and department.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple complex initiatives.
- Expert knowledge and understanding of project management practices, frameworks, tools and methodologies.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills to quickly assess problem situations
- Comfortable using tools such as Jira, Confluence.
- You have the ability to source new tools and practices to help improve the working ability and delivery of the teams.
- Ability to work across multiple time zones where needed, with some team members in different markets.
What Our Client Can Do For You
- A competitive base salary package
- Individual and company performance based annual discretionary bonus
- Paid time off: 3 weeks’ vacation, public holidays, birthday, office is closed between Christmas Eve and New Years
- Health and dental benefits
- 5% company matched pension contributions
- Self-driven annual training budget so you can continue to grow professionally
- Flexible working hours and work from home options
- Company parties in the summer, winter, and a few fun events in between
- Engaging, fun, and casual company culture
- Dog friendly office
- Free parking