Senior .NET Developer
REF #: SVC00067
Our client is looking for a Senior Developer to join their rapidly expanding team in Halifax, NS. Remote working is absolutely also available if you can’t be with the team in Halifax.
Are you looking to work with a talented group of developers who share your same passion for delivering quality code, interacting with the latest technology, and continually developing your skills in a rapidly growing digital space?
Our client’s team is stacked with diverse skillsets in machine learning, cloud computing, and web development to name a few! They are eager to share they’re knowledge and want you to share yours so they can continue to build the best development team.
What You’ll Do
- Mentor and develop junior developers so they can build the best team!
- Design, develop and execute innovative software solutions to address business needs
- Ensure software architecture meets all performance, quality, and security requirements
- Evaluate and recommend tools, technologies, and processes to ensure the highest quality solutions
- Create modifications for existing software to upgrade performance
- Aid in planning, analysis, and design of technical solutions in collaboration with our parent company
- Maintain thorough documentation of systems and applications
What You’ll Bring
- A certificate, diploma or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or equivalent
- 5+ years’ experience as a Developer
- Development skills in C# ASP.NET MVC framework
- Knowledge of Entity Framework, LINQ & Fluent .Net
- Knowledge of JSON, XML and event-driven architecture
- Strong database skills in Microsoft SQL Server, relational databases, and SQL optimization
- Proficiency in version control systems such as Git and Nuget
- Familiarity with third party and open source tools such as Hibernate and Spring
- You are highly driven by new challenges
- You are motivated and can motivate others
- You have exceptional problem-solving skills and an ability to learn and adapt quickly
- An instinct to continuously learn and share your skills with the team
Nice to Have:
- Knowledge of Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience with Test-driven development
- Having a passion for sports!
- Previous involvement in Agile Scrum Methodologies
- Experience in mobile app development and responsive design
- Expertise in performance testing and trouble shooting
- Experience with online performance or affiliate marketing models
What Our Client Can Do For You!
- A competitive base salary package
- Individual and company performance based annual discretionary bonus
- Paid time off: 3 weeks’ vacation, public holidays, birthday, office is closed between Christmas and New Years
- Health and dental benefits with no waiting period
- 5% company matched pension contributions
- Self-driven annual training budget so you can continue to grow professionally
- Flexible working hours and work from home options
- Company parties in the summer, winter, and a few fun events in between
- Engaging, fun, and casual company culture
- Dog friendly office and free parking