Senior Piping Designer
REF #: SVD00058
Our client, a leading engineering consultancy firm, is looking for a Senior Piping Engineer to deliver large design projects from cradle to grave.
Reporting to the Design Director, the successful candidate will work on design projects across multiple industries, including Pharma, BioTech and Medical Device. The objective will to be to deliver superior piping design projects, working with the firm’s cross functional teams, whilst being responsible for overall design.
What You’ll Do
- System walk downs and site surveys.
- Produce sketch isometrics from site surveys.
- Produce Equipment Layouts and models from vendor information.
- Reviewing Vendor Drawings and Process P&ID’s (Piping & Instrumentation Drawings).
- Produce 3D models of equipment, piping and supports.
- Produce Material Take Off’s
- Isometric generation from Process P&ID’s (Piping & Instrumentation Drawings).
- CAlash checking for pipe clashes.
What You’ll Bring
- At least 5 years’ experience as a Piping Design Engineer in the Pharma/Biopharma or other relevant Industries.
- A third level qualification in an Engineering Discipline or Piping Qualification is desirable.
- Knowledge of relevant piping codes and standards.
- Proven experience in 3D design required – Plant 3D knowledge an advantage.
- Relevant product and industry knowledge.
- Experience in pharmaceutical / clean room piping design, specifications and construction.
- Excellent Piping Design Skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent software skills – NavisWorks / Word / Excel.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Ability to work effectively within a team or on their own as projects dictate.
Contact Richard on 091 373 911 for more details or apply below