Senior Ruby Developer
REF #: SVD00012
Our client, a leading provider of e-travel solutions, is looking for a Senior Ruby Developer to join their expanding development division.
Working within a busy development division, the successful candidate will build cutting edge software and web-based applications that will form part of our client’s existing e-travel ecosystem of products.
From inception at the design phase, right through to final release, the senior developer will be responsible for all aspects of development through the full life cycle. As a mentor to junior developers, code review and coaching will be an important skill the successful candidate must possess.
- Write effective and scalable code in Ruby
- Build back-end components for web applications
- Test applications for performance, responsiveness and security
- Review and debug junior developers’ code
- Integrate data storage and data processing solutions
- Build, install and share gems and plugins
- Create automated test scripts
- Improve and maintain applications after deployment
- Coordinate with team members who work on different layers of infrastructure
- 5-10 years experience as a Ruby Developer
- In-depth understanding of object-oriented programming
- Hands-on experience writing command-line apps using Ruby libraries
- Expertise in Rails
- Understanding of agile software development
- Familiarity with automated testing platforms
- Problem-solving and analytical mind
- Effective Team player
- BSc in Engineering, Computer Science or relevant field